Saturday, July 15, 2023

Mindless browsing

 As I lie, holding my smart phone,

my mind adrift, A million thoughts,

I click and scroll, I click and scroll,

my eyes a blur, thoughts uncontrolled. 



I browse the network, I see them all,

from far and wide, from near and small,

I see the good, I see the bad,

I feel happy, I feel sad. 


I see the world, I see them all, 

but none of it is real at all,

it's just a screen, it's just a dream, 

it's a mindless waste of time. 


But still I browse, I still scroll, 

I can't help myself, I can't control. 

I'm trapped in this world, this endless sea, 

of thoughtless browsing, of mindless glee. 


I'm lost, I'm trapped, I'm all alone, 

it's like being a mindless drone, 

I am just a number, I'm just a cog, 

in this great, big, senseless machine. 


So let's all browse, let's all scroll, 

let's all lose ourselves in this endless hole. 

let's all be mindless, let's all be drones, 

in the great, big, mindless machine. 


** An experimental poetry with help from Google bard. :)

No comments: