Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Let me pull the covers

 Let me pull the covers,

shielding my eyes from the brightness,

let me plug my ears,

blocking the noises that break the silence. 


Even then, some rays of light,

peek from the gaps of the corner,

and from these muted sounds,

voices sneak in as muffled whispers. 


So, it enters into my mind,

bringing all it's stimulus, 

I tried to ignore, and to avoid,

but it break through my indolence. 


As it showed me the scenes,

that were once in my dreams,

through other's eyes and voices,

with their smiles and laughters. 


The stories that were created,

shared with joy and excitement,

pulling me in, pushing me down,

through their every experience. 


So, let me pull the covers,

as I go back to hibernation, 

wake me up when spring comes,

bringing the bounties of the season.


No comments: