Sunday, December 20, 2009

fire in our mess

Hello friends..

This is a incidence that happened in our mess this week and I would like to share it with you all.
It was just another day and we were having a lunch in our mess..it was Friday and we had chicken meal and mess a bit crowded. we were having lunch and chat all along.

It such happened that I noticed all guys are running with tightly enclosing there ear with there fingers as if there is a bomb in the room. I too panicked seeing them running like that and we too (me n my friends) started running toward the door and through it to outside to our room. All the way I was thinking what could be the cause...a practical joke, a bomb ??...

After asking some of my friends I realised that the cylinder of our mess was on fire ( just the gas pipes though) and it really gave me a scare. Everyone panicked, no one dared to enter the kitchen...what if the cylinder bursts!!...some of the mess members run to fetch someone. And we students were watching from a distance with our ear close and heart in our mouth, what will happen. Someone is saying to put water on it, or sand. We didn't have fire extinguisher in our mess so hadn't much option. Few student were showing some courage by going little nearer to have a better view ( as if they can control the fire if it bursts).

After many tiring minutes, one of the member brought a fire extinguisher from somewhere and courageously controlled the fire. We all relaxed, some of students captured photo of the cylinder and the men who had done such courageous act.

Though everything became normal still it gave some scare to us...just think if it would have be burst with we inside the mess, our life would have been in danger. Precaution should have to be taken to prevent such incidence and a fire extinguisher a must for such place . Hope they mess manager would took such precaution to provide security against these unfavourable events!!

4 comments:

Dan* said...

what a scare..... completely agree fire extinguisher is must, even in small hotels...

Sorcerer said...

that was scary!!
i agree with you that...fire extinguisher should be made mandatory in hotels and messes and places that will have messes and masses

Anshul said...

i completely agree with u..we have a tendency of waking up only after some incident happens.. prevention is always better than cure..

anurag said...

shit hope it doesn't happen in our colg mess..