Sunday, February 18, 2024

Let me sit near a waterfall

Let me sit near a waterfall,

As falling streams form a song,

That soothes mind and my heart,

and mist of droplets surrounds... 


Cool breeze flowing intermittently,

the branches of the trees swaying,

leaf falling slowly, floating awhile,

Sometimes touching, dropping on ground. 


Stems of scrubs dances softly,

the grass bed, watching lovingly,

even this dull bench, comes alive,

with activities of insects and flies. 


The ant walk in a straight line,

searching for edibles for colony,

a babbler visits, inspects cautiously,

stealing a twig nearby, flying hurriedly. 


Distant whistles and snort of swans,

grab my attention, and I respond,

gazing these beauties, swiming in pond,

while following catfish, inside the water. 


In the chaos of life, I find silence,

occasionally broken by new visitors,

as they take pictures, here and there,

chatting cheerfully, as they share. 


still I was immersed, and time passed,

coming back to reality, with friend's call,

give me more time, I rued in whisper,

looking back to the place, I treasured... 


Away from the crowd,

Just besides the waterfall.


No comments: