Monday, February 5, 2024

A clock witness

Tick tock, tick tock, I sound,

the pendulum swung back and forth,

I stand by the wall, in my wooden frame,

displaying the passage of the time. 


I witness the life, as they lived,

experiencing stages, birth to death,

various emotions are being played,

in the cacophony and their silence. 


The baby's cries, toddler's laugh,

evolving relationships of parents,

from love, assurances to quarrels,

creating stronger bonds of families. 


People came and went away,

places were crowded or abandoned, 

I saw the rise and fall of classes,

with their celebrations and mourning. 


And I was the silent observer,

in both the darkness and light,

just the clock, an old machine,

working gears and cogs symphony. 


As a creation of human ingenuity, 

with steady beats, I kept ticking,

through their hopes and despair,

passing through the chaos it brings. 


So, listen to my ticking, dear friend, 

feel the rhythm of the existence, 

a reminder that your time is fleeting,

cherish every moment, as they come.


No comments: