Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Hypnogogic fusion

Am I alone?

In this ethereal space,

surrounded by the mist,

or shadows of forgotten beings... 


Slowly adapting to darkness,

looking at those faces,

things lighten up to twilight glow,

and then the consciousness flows.

Different state of mind,

sadness, anger and joy 

I could experience them all,

the longings and taboo pleasures. 


As a child, with my pet dog,

on the cloud, looking at the town below,

or an old man, reminiscing youthful days,

of flirting, teasing or getting laid.

A middle-aged woman, admiring in the mirror,

The smooth skin from teenage years,

or a school girl, fantasizing lovers,

standing above everyone displaying power. 


Like corruption, or impurities, 

thoughts were unwanted or ignored,

out of guilt or regrets, hidden away,

from the probing eyes of the society. 

But here, they seem free to flow,

in this dreamy state of world,

where they are connected with others,

or do they, and not play of my imagination? 


My alert senses slowly fading,

as if being fallen under a spell,

and they kept luring me in,

to the play of their secret emotions.

With a jolt, I opened my eyes,

still drowsy from that exposure,

what was that all about, I wondered...

Like being transported to another dimension. 


No comments: