Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Travel to the past

Sparkling, glistening, shining lights,

circling around me so bright,

blinding my vision for a while,

engulfing darkness feels hostile.

The world started spinning around,

as I stood over a shaky ground,

being pounded by blows after blow,

while I experienced strong vertigo. 


Before long, things settled,

A bit afraid, I opened my eyes,

to be shocked and surprised,

sceneries were changed to old times.

While I run, searched around,

for things that could remind,

how I lived in those times,

from schools, home and playground. 


It felt dreamy, something unreal,

for some reason I was brought here,

and so, I discovered my old self,

free of worries, a jovial being.

It seems to be a crucial time,

some important decisions are in making,

to leave the town, start life afresh,

but lose that treasured place. 


I remembered being angry with protests,

my pleadings and parent's high handedness, 

as I loved my friends and school more,

also that place was dearer to heart.

But final result never changed,

packing our luggage, we finally left,

leaving behind my childhood paradise,

embark on a journey towards a new territory. 


So, here I am,

observing my past actions, 

should I interact and intervene,

change my past to better alternative?

It was the moment of truth,

I faltered, to change the course,

probably it was better that way,

for, everything in life had a meaning.


Lo behold, shrouded in mist,

my senses started to get wary,

the same routine, I got dizzy,

waking up to present world...in a jiffy.


No comments: