Friday, May 12, 2023

So I walked

 There's too much in mind,

the feelings are jumbled inside,

emotions that has been locked,

bottling up, ready to spill,

so I listened, as it knocked,

working it out, and I walked. 


It became my daily routine,

be it morning, noon or evening,

whenever I got the chance,

going out, straight to the path,

under the vast open sky, 

viewing the surroundings as I walked. 


There are days, I needed reasons,

for health issues or my boredom,

then there are times, some excuses,

for solitude, or pang of loneliness, 

some secret talks, avoiding glances,

away from the crowd, when I walked. 


It's our evolutionary need,

a characteristics of our breed,

when we evolve, became bipedal...

used to travel long distance, 

as I tread, stroll, hike or march,

exploring new avenues, so I walked.


No comments: