Saturday, May 6, 2023

A hill near the park

 Walking in this rugged path,

going up on the hill,

with pebbles and rocks,

scattered at the periphery.


Being wear out from rainwater,

broken in uneven pieces,

still acting as a place to sit,

enjoying the place as I rest.


With shrubs and small plants,

growing in this small vegetation,

of what left of old jungles,

that adored this small hill.


Wild flowers decorate the surroundings, 

spreading the charm of its distinct smell, 

some bright, some dull colors,

be it blue, white, or bright yellow.


Being part of protected park,

spared of human intervention, 

growing to their former glory,

with its leaves, branches and vines.


A wild mongoose peek from afar,

some rustle in the bushes,

alerting me, so I scan around,

only to be surprised by pleasant breeze.


It's indeed lucky, I thought,

to have such greenery near me,

accompanying on my morning walk,

connecting me to the old times.


As I watch their natural beauty,

welcoming from the proximity of park,

to go for an adventure hiking,

and experience the feel of the jungle.


No comments: