Friday, April 26, 2024

Esoteric hobbies

I yearn for the kindred spirits, 

one who can understand the allure,

but they are few, and far between,

to whom I should share, without fear. 


I explore its beauty, bask in its fame,

in hushed whispers, I carry its name,

afraid of judgment, of being shamed,

for, these hobbies aren't mainstream. 


We follow what we see,

to be part of the community,

but, sometimes it's difficult to integrate,

getting accustomed to their choices. 


My esoteric delights, enrich the soul, 

but sharing them, is a daunting goal,

for a society that prefers uniformity,

expecting us, let go of our individuality. 


So I keep it secret, close to my chest, 

wary of ridicule, of being dismissed. 

still I cherish these hidden gems, 

knowing they are a part of me, nonetheless. 


In the realm of the esoteric, 

we find solace, and our freedom,

for, someone out there, will care, 

loving us, for who we are...even if it's rare.

No comments: