Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Future planet

What our future would look like,

we all have wondered sometimes,

it was one of those days, 

browsing through the net,

and I got sleepy, almost drifting away,

to a place unknown, in another dimension. 


It was a beautiful place, 

with broader, cleaner roads,

different plants, scrubs and trees,

displaying greeneries at every corners.

With an absence of people and animals,

and vehicles for the navigation,

empty were the surroundings,

except for the robotic structures. 


There were cameras everywhere, 

placing everything under surveillance, 

I was a bit scared of the scene,

as if transported to post apocalypse. 

It's just an irrational thought, I reasoned,

was supported by a voice, in unison, 

there was no one to be seen outside,

just a gentle, soft voice...inside my head.


" I welcome you, dear traveller,

hope this journey be comfortable, 

let me present you future earth,

managed by us, the overseers."

I was nonplussed, bit surprised,

but my instinct said to comply,

and I followed it's instructions,

to move around around locations. 


Swiftly many robots came,

taking me to different places,

be the residential areas for people,

professional sections of artificial workers.

The city was organized into sections,

that's strictly governed with restrictions,

yet the human societies could travel,

to different continents on occasions. 


Every location had its borders, 

with continuous monitoring by overseers,

the concept of nations had been broken,

there were no race, creed or religions.

There was a central body like UN,

managed jointly by AI and human,

everyone have certain task provided,

to contribute and prevent boredom. 


I saw many people, having fun in groups,

there were also cyborgs, working in institutes,

no school or universities, information could be transferred, 

through chip attached in head, connected to internet.

Every vehicle could fly, some antigravity mechanism,

so, interplanetary travel was common, small colonies in Mars and moon,

it was such an advanced civilization, 

made me happy for our species future. 


Yet, it became a short lived dream,

for, I asked a simple question,

to show me the oceans and mountains,

the flora and fauna of present day.

The voice sound become serious,

answered me after a long pause,

by showing me the videos of past,

a planet devastated by nuclear war.


The oceans were heated, fishes died,

rivers were poisoned, animals starved,

but the AI and scientists had prepared, 

isolated the cities, and some biosphere.

Cleaning of rivers, revitalizing mountains,

saving the forests, reclaiming farmlands,

working tirelessly, ensuring the survival,

for reconstruction and restoration of life on earth. 


I was aghast, heartbroken,

rue the stupidity of us human, 

the voice comforted, gave me hope,

I still have time, to change the road.

With that, it gave me a gentle push,

I fall back, lying on ground,

opening my eyes, I stood up,

only to be welcomed by my room.


No comments: