Saturday, April 1, 2023

Dream self

Dream of Future Self


A gentle breeze flowing,

sitting on a bench, outside my home,

listening to a songbird, watching over the flower garden,

a smile forms over my lips.

As the wind got stronger,

the branches sways, leaves rustle,

I looked upward, as the petals fell over my face,

extended my hands to grab the fruit near me.


Biting the fruit, I return,

opening the gates with other arm,

the door was open, could hear her voice,

as she called me to her place.

Hugging me from behind,

I was welcomed with a smile,

as she asked for a help,

in doing some of chores.


My house is not that large,

but its good enough for us,

filled with many decorations, 

we have brought as souvenirs.

Each had its memories,

as we traveled and explored,

learned and grew together,

finally purchased this dream home.


We are getting older,

but still have the youthful heart,

being aligned with the nature,

we took many conscious decisions.

I am still charmed by her beauty,

as she been so gentle and kind,

as we created this dream world,

that displays shared value and aesthetics. 


I remembered old days,

working in a monotonous routine,

aspiring for some spontaneity, 

beginning of an adventure. 

And she arrived in my life,

days were filled with romance,

we complimented each other,

as a friend and companion.


Now I have all,

a place to call home,

friend in a partner,

families that supports,

financial security and freedom,

making independent choices,

as I do what I love,

while looking forward to many more.


No comments: