Wednesday, November 14, 2018

In the moonlight



It's cold,
as my naked feet,
presses upon the frosty sheets,
spread over the grass.
A momentary thought,
as I look out,
over the foothill,
where stands...the lone tree.


The cool breeze,
passing through me,
blowing my hair aside,
giving me the chills.
I shuddered, glancing over....
towards the distant hill,
shining bright.....in the night,
from the reflections of moonlight.


As I look back, 
towards an empty veranda,
a craving comes like a tide,
to open the gates outside,
Passing the invisible curfew,
to sprint towards the hilltop,
like curiosity that came to fetch,
from the other side of hedge!

Its that foothill,
with pebbles and grass,
small shrubs and vegetation,
so ordinary in daylight....
Then why, it looks so gentle?
welcoming me in open arms,
so I ran...towards the hilltop,
in the stillness of the night,

Elated, spent as I reached,
sitting on the rock, I gazed,
the vast expanse of the field,
glowing on this moonlight.
The rustling of the leaves,
small whispering of the winds,
loosening, put me at ease,
as I lie tired, from my flight.

Was I asleep?
I opened my eyes,
looking around, same night,
only numbness of cold feet.
folding it inside,
surveying my surrounding,
saw a small fox bark,
scurrying up in the dark.

I had a smile,as I remark..
No playmates in his walk,
or it's being in hurry,
attend to his own worry.
But what about me,
why I am here,
is it my impulse,
without my usual fear ?

As I wondered,
let myself ponder,
some light started blinking,
to bring pause on my thinking!

Those flickering were enchanting,
that's catching my eyes,
as if some fairies speaking....
from the signals of fireflies.

PS: Just what's ahead of this midnight adventure ;)



No comments: