Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Freedom to live (part-2)

On a fateful day,
on my daily scramble,
I had my encounter,
cheerful younglings of your kind, 
playing with our kindred,
on the other side of hedge.

Hidden in bushes,
to my surprise,
they flourished, 
so were some others,
but only a chosen few,
inside that alluring cage.

Temptation it was,
but I could see,
you too had conflicts,
clash of ego!
breaking things, damaging places,
destroying the little left for myself.


You had everything,
a big dwelling,
larger space,
cleaner air, pure water,
place to lie...away from dangers,
at your own backyards.

Wilds on lease,
life of tame ones...at your whims!
wearing their skins, woolen coverings,
taking their milks and fledglings,
poking, messing, tormenting, 
forcing them to submit!

Is it my frustration or envy?
while I breath the polluted air,
drank the dirty water,
foul and soiled food,
and your kinds having...
fresh and clean provisions!

Still you want more,
grabbing my territory,
apathetic to my plight,
you keep demolishing builds, 
crushing my household,
my shelter..place to sleep.

I protested, 
growled and snarled,
even bite your flesh,
but it was of no avail.
for you were secure,
behind that hard shield.

Your strike was fast,
brought the fatal wound....
Now, my voice leaving me,
Still, I had silent screams,
my last desperate attempts,
for....Freedom to live.



No comments: