Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Freedom to live (part-1)

Ah...such a beautiful sight,
everything so bright,
fragrance of greenery,
scent of my brethren,
to play and feed,
every day and night. 

But safety being concern,
under the elder's lead,
we survived and thrived,
even in our struggles,
licking our wounds,
in different seasons.

Over the tight rope,
balancing we walked,
hoping that peace will last.
Then breaking the harmony, 
driven by greed and pleasure,
suddenly you all came...to our life.

Chased, hunted, captured,
as you slowly enclosed,
even the bests among us,
only be sacrificed or martyred....
still you lots stood laughing
while we surrendered to our fate.

I was lucky to escape,
hide and await,
as you leave to your life.
My home is gone,
so are my brethren..
and I stared at changing landscape.
   
For provision, for shelter,
to sustain, to preserve,
compete for limited resource...
I sneaked to your world,
wasted foods, and things,
I stole, brought for self,
all while keeping the faith,
to avoid you.. harbinger of death. 

No comments: