Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Travelling in night

I had to travel in the night,

for some projects or a gathering,

so, I hired a cab and sit back,

and rested in the passenger seat.

The engine started, vehicle moved,

humm of machine in background,

and we sat inside this box in silence,

while engaged in our respective work.


A bit of browsing through the screen,

getting bored to look out of window,

the wind blows strands of my hair,

my eyes seeking the sights outside.

The streetlight flickered, passing shadows,

houses big and small, furnished or disorganized, 

some shops open, some with closed shutters,

with occasional presence of people or animals.


It was a different feeling, like nostalgia,

driving along this road less traveled, 

is it the novelty or the atmosphere, 

that brought back memories of old times.

Ah, I remembered this from childhood days,

the excitement of discoveries, exploring new place,

visiting tourist places travelling in bus,

or visiting my village in long train rides.


There was a difference between daytime and nights,

curiosities of the day and magics of nights,

tranquillity of this quiet time in the darkness,

weaved a spell around me like an enchantment. 

It was difficult to convey this sensation,

just imbibing the moments in the heart,

this mesmerizing voyage to my destination, 

was bringing out myriad of emotions.


No comments: