Monday, September 25, 2023

My harmonious retreats

A place to imbibe in solitude,

away from distractions of living,

closer to nature and its dwellings,

to meditate or contemplate within. 


The soothing voice, comfortable to ears,

like euphonious sounds from wind chimes,

gently nudging to close my eyes,

gaze thoughtfully towards the horizon. 


On the beach, walking on the shore,

listening to the waves as it floods my feet,

welcoming the sunsets or early sunrises,

as the orange streak spread across the sky. 


Sitting on a rock, besides the flowing stream,

looking at the leaves and branches floating by,

surrounded by the trees, deep in the forest,

I found myself relaxing in perceived silence. 


In a quiet library, surrounded by stories,

I found it comfortable to have my reading,

occasional visitors, minding their business,

no one disturbs from immersing in the pages. 


There are meadows, and the grasslands,

deep valleys and the farmlands,

where I could sit alone on the bench,

viewing the scenic snow clad mountains. 


Lying on the bed, in my home,

watching some shows on laptop,

or listening to music in earphones,

that are soft, melodic and calming to mind. 


There's soft breeze, rustling of leaves,

while I am on the roof, basking in sunlight,

singing of the cuckoo or call of the birds,

remembering all these serene places...

Slowly letting me doze off.


No comments: