Sunday, September 2, 2018

Life choices




Its so dull and boring, there is nothing here,
the conservative elderly, and dirty bumpkins..
they laugh like no worries, blind of world ways,
follow the menial works, slothful or loiter  around
I want to be big!

irritating are their actions, careless are their ways,
their time being in standstill, just waiting to wither away..
I want to escape, a place more alive,
full of lights and glitters, to get at the center stage,
I want to be big!

Opportunity did came, I grabbed and went,
moved to the city, took place on rent,
struggled hard and slowly moved up,  
loosing my sleep, tireless I worked. 
I want to be big!

As head of my workplace, with parties and celebrations,
I achieved my dream, life being full of happiness,
I don't miss village, even asked family to come,
but they reject the proposal, and I don't care....
I got to be big!


I grew up in city, parents were the elite,
my goals were fixed, results to be shown,
had fun during school times, with friends and family, 
with good grades, skills, I climbed up in businesses.
something is missing!

 dry and monotonous routine, as I go to work,
noises and pollution, and chaotic populace,
everyday full of stress, everything time bound, 
feeling guilty to take leaves and nothing to do in it.
something is missing!

I want to escape, get away from here,
to get some space, inhale fresh air,
finally I decided, moved out of city,
buy a land from villager, settled in farmland.
something was missing!

Now I find peace, see every sunrise,
feel the breeze, drink cool water,
listen to the chirruping, rustling of the leaves,
as I sit on my veranda, reading some books.
a sense of fulfillment!

A village festival, I came from city..
a visit of nostalgia, clearing of legal matters..
parents dead, family left, and a new owner,
ancestral home sold and I met the new occupant.

It was a pleasant meeting, we exchanged greetings,
visited the festival, while we chatted,
turned out he was my senior, the one moved to village,
we asked each other the reason, answered in unison......

I had always wanted this...it was my life choice!!

No comments: