Friday, September 7, 2018

What man has made of man?

 
 
 
If this belief from heaven be sent,
If such be Nature’s holy plan,
Have I not reason to lament
What man has made of man?

Just browsing some old books, 
I came across one poetry...
I had read in my school times, 
invoking deep thoughts of something,
that we were vaguely aware of ,
the reasons of everything.

Most children in school......naive, 
innocent, unaware of world ways,
care for nature, for living beings,
with new vigor...imagine to do things!

So, these lines from a poetry,
William Wordsworth from 18th century,
beautiful, descriptive for scenery of springs,
yet with some dark undertone....
made me ponder, and also wonder, 
what it meant, what it showed,
and never had I imagined...
his reasons to lament!!

but so came, the age of internet,
and the knowledge with it,
opening my eyes, widening my views, 
bringing the experiences that I lacked, 
for I was young and ignorant...
and then, I knew..the sorrows and regrets, 
dangers that the man possess!!

The forests were burned, rivers clogged,
oceans polluted with plastic and oil,
animals were hunted, birds killed,
and the dwelling of others being seized.
there had been wars..some do continue,
nothing is spared, young and old.
conservationists ignored, scorned or hurt,
and innocents were taught the wrong ways!!

and here I am, in working society,
reading these lines from a wise man,
dejected, and discouraged of man's policies...
I too lamented....

What man has made of man !!

No comments: