Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Reversal of memories

 Like a leaf floating in turbulent water,

Around the rocks in the flowing river,

Visualized the life that I lived till now,
By reminiscenting throught my memories.

Standing here on the roof,
I look at the vast city,
Admiring the empire that I built,
Out of my humble beginning.

With the amenities in my palm,
I relish all of these luxuries,
Looking down to the people below,
Running around over my orders.

Ah, I remember the time,
I started with my company,
Requesting for the loans,
Celebrating every single sales.

Oh, I was so naive,
Fresh out of my college,
Having the big corporate dream,
Ready for any sacrifices.
A rejection by my girlfriend,
Immersing in academics to cope with heart break,
Lamenting all the missed opportunities,
Of going out with my school friends.

Those were my true friends,
Being together with young days,
As we explored the surroundings,
Having all the adventures and games.

I even forgot my childhood,
Being shy behind mother's back,
Having the stranger anxiety,
And hiding inside my father's lap.

I don't recall much of grandparents,
But was aware of being loved,
As they carry me over their shoulders,
And taking my to everywhere.

I was so fortunate to be born,
In the small government hospital,
There was no noise or fanfare,
Only pure joy at my arrival.

No comments: