Friday, February 1, 2019

Winter breeze




The winter this year came late here in Bhubaneswar. But last few days were really cold where we could literally feel the chills. The weather report show a minimum temperature of 9 degree Celsius, which is a rarity in Bhubaneswar.

So, I was driving my motorbike for my daily commute to my workplace and felt the cold breeze through my whole body. I had my jacket, winter thermal shirt inside and still felt as if my body was freezing. Probably the cold wind had it's effect and I couldn't even open my palms from the handle.
Anyway, I reached my destination. My hands felt frosty and cheek icy cold, which came as a surprise as I never felt the same for most of the December and January.

Thus, I though of writing this experience ;

---------------

I was on my way,
it was just like another day,
on the bike...that I aboard,
traveling along this concrete road.

But then I got the chill,
whole body had frosty feel,
be clothing or my drapes,
cold even entered my cape.
I was wary of the season,
prepared for occasional sneeze,
but what came to blew,
was the onslaught of winter breeze.

The conflict was immense,
so was my desire to fight,
but I had my patience,
as destination was in sight.
Winter breeze it was,
bestowed to us....this early morning,
while the sun rays were minimal,
devoid of warmth..I was yearning!

For some it could be beautiful,
abundant with the wintry flavors,
including some artistic stimulants,
for the audience to savor. 
Or display of culinary skills,
creation of scrumptious meals,
some beverages add to delight,
with hot tea or coffee !

 
The struggle is real,
for us employees,
who face the nature proposals,
be it blessings or fury....
We are expected to be punctual,
ignoring these seasonal delight,
as work is essential to society,
so, no one understand our plight....

Still sometimes do I wish,
to rest and laze around,
watch the winter's glory,
laying on the ground.
Be at home, wrapped in blanket,
relishing delicacies that I could seize,
opening my windows, walk on roof,
while enjoying the winter breeze........!!

A sudden outburst of cold wave,
snapped me out of day dream,
looking around, I realized... 
I was at the driver seat.
As I shivered and felt,
my icy hands and feet,
tormenting me as it assaults....
chill from the winter breeze !










No comments: