Saturday, September 19, 2026

Nonchalant interaction

I was outside, for leisurely stroll,

taking in the view, of outside world, 

hustle and bustles, the busy streets,

quiet, isolate patches, for some stretching.


And there she was, a beautiful cow,

standing alone, besides group of people,

I had the impulse, to pet her head,

but was reluctant, saving face.


I went closer, she was alert with anticipation, 

they were used to being fed with offerings, 

but I avoided eye contact, as I passed,

still had a feel, gently brushing with hands.


She didn't react, I heaved a sigh of relief,

went ahead with walk, to designated point,

now I had to return, after completing round,

encountering same cow, on the route.


This time, she looked straight in my eyes,

letting out a moo, as I was approaching, 

I used same trick, quick scratches on neck,

only to find her unbothered, ignoring me completely. 


Ah, she is acting nonchalant,

but doesn't mind being petted,

and I returned, smile over my face,

outsmarted by the cow.


No comments: