Thursday, July 30, 2026

A noise woke me up

A noise woke me up,

the continued cacophony outside,

disrupting my peaceful slumber,

of dreams that awaited conclusions. 


As sunlight filters through drapes,

I open window for quick check,

of the chaos happening beyond,

a ripple in the stillness of morning.


What I discovered amuses me,

as a flock of babblers is fighting,

hoping over the edge of the walls,

as squirrels standing on guard.


There's flattened rice scattered around, 

a routine offering from mother's hand,

while clay cup has fallen from its place,

used as means of asserting dominance. 


The babbling of babble is deafening, 

and squirrel barking add to intensity,

while a pigeon watching from afar,

while the event were unfolding.


I decided to restore harmony,

by bringing food as peace offering,

distributing evenly, in different spots,

to stop their untimely clash...


Restoring the calm, 

for my tranquil daybreak!


No comments: