Tuesday, August 22, 2023

I don't cry anymore

So, do you cry?


She asked nonchalantly, 

like a random question,

throwing me out of the flow...

of our conversation. 

Is it a playful gesture?

or a genuine enquiry,

how do I construct my answer,

keep wondering in my mind.


From my younger years,

I remembered to have cried,

like a spontaneous outburst,

displayed the inner feelings. 

In the moments of my fears,

at the time of my sadness,

on the days of my angers,

my eyes were wet with tears.


So, when did I last cry,

I don't remember much,

may be some drops have fallen,

watching some emotional shows.

But these secretions of the glands,

have dried in real life events,

not even wetness surrounds the eyes,

in my heartache and disappointments. 


Is it a sign of maturity?

or a defense mechanism,

being indifferent to the surrounding,

slowly losing my sensitivity. 

Never pondered the issue,

concerned with meeting expectations, 

accepting the pain, understanding the struggles,

feelings got overtaken by reason.


So, I paused for a moment, 

letting out a small smile,

finally responded with a gentle voice...

I don't cry anymore.


No comments: