Thursday, January 9, 2020

Addiction

Its so cool, so fun,
It could be the one,
must try and savor,
blessings of entertainments !


I started early,
was for my own good,
when I hold the book,
for the wisdom is infused!

Days passed, I was engrossed.
unaware of my childhood,
and discovered before long,
that I was not much young.

Sports came, making waves,
it was time for cricket,
on screen, or the grounds,
bringing me the joy abound !

Gone were the story books,
I was preoccupied,
and discovered before long,
that I was not much teenager.

Studies it was,
for I had a dream,
years passed as I learned,
to achieve the results.

Gone were the playful days,
I was so engaged,
and discovered before long,
was not much of a young adult.

Disenchanted I was,
the struggle was real,
then like a shining light,
came music and movies.

I was too immersed,
college life was no concern,
and discovered before long,
still have to find my love.

Then were the hectic days,
higher studies and personal cause,
failures and disappointment sets,
as I searched for an escape.

And I discovered a new hope,
great TV series of world,
and discovered before long,
that I am getting old.

I am now working,
but know the truth,
of cycles of addiction,
be it love or passions.

Some get addicted to love,
or descend into the lust,
alcohol, drug or even food...
that needs our attention.

Not mine but story of all,
addictions makes us unavailable,
new one sets in as old one go,
to escape this cycle of boredom !!

No comments: