Thursday, March 21, 2019

World Poetry Day



So, today is the World's Poetry Day. My earliest memories about poetry is about all the school books that I had read in my school day. Those were simple, rhyming ones and really delightful to read. I was inspired by those writings and tried my hands on poetry. My amateurish attempts were fun to read or so being told by my parents. 

I used to keep a diary too. Most of my writings were in Hindi and some in English but as I grew older, it changed to English only. For me, it was first a expression of my creativity which would vary from being an outlet of desires or conveying of emotions. To write was my way of letting go of daily stuffs. Be it frustrations or disappointments, happiness or joy. 

So, today I would just write a few lines just to celebrate World's poetry day in my way;


Its a day,
a little celebration,
a thousand of voices,
expression of letters...
It was simple,
a welcoming conception,
with rhythms or rhymes,
making an impression.

So, I would write,
some passage or portion,
convey my gratitude,
to this wonderful medium...
For many who passed,
and more to come,
to take pen and paper,
and bring out the emotions!!
 

Happy World Poetry Day. :) :)

No comments: