Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Not an emotional lover

I am not an emotional lover,

falling deeply, head over heels,

following every word you say

being blinded by your attraction. 


It's been too long, I have lost touch,

to the hidden cravings, of my soul,

using reasons and understandings,

for building deeper connections. 


I am not an emotional lover,

making you worry, about the future,

doubting my words, as I conveyed,

opinion of mind, and feelings of heart. 


I do admit my inexperience,

of handling our tender relation,

sometimes coming too dry,

in my acts and expressions. 


I am not an emotional lover,

hadn't got a possessive attitude,

showing jealousy or more concerns,

while seeing you with another person. 


And you question my sincerity,

using silence as your weapon,

putting me in many trials of life,

evaluating the care, I should've given. 


I am not an emotional lover,

been too slow, in the progression, 

but do realize, it's my nature,

taking time, have meaningful interactions. 


So, forgive me, I couldn't answer,

give assurances, through my conduct,

for, I desired moments, not just gratification,

over everything, I valued...

Respect and reciprocation.


No comments: