Monday, October 14, 2024

A visit to the city

Skyscrapers...

Piercing the clouds,

like my aspirations, 

seeking the heights.

And I run amok...

With open arms,

on cobbled streets,

through narrow alleys. 


This was my dream,

that I wanted to live,

splashing vibrant colors,

to my dull life !

Do they hear my laugh,

do they see me cry,

these tears of happiness,

excitement, that I can't contain? 


Anyone, someone....listen,

why are your eyes so cold,

apathetic to things around you,

being glued to your screens.

Everyone is on a rush,

ignoring my very existence,

and I don't even know...

Which way I should go. 


Standing at the crossroad,

watching the unfolding chaos, 

with waves of people falling,

into an unending ocean.

I too, a grain of sand,

trying to assimilate inside,

to attain my inner desires....

Then why, I am not smiling? 


No comments: