Thursday, September 12, 2024

Sinking...

Sinking...

In this unsteady grounds,

pulling me deeper, and deeper,

with no escape at sight.

Like a quicksand,

filled with the liquid dust,

it slowly consumes my feet,

steadily, against my thrusts. 


My struggles are ineffective, 

frantic grasps, pushing my weight 

situation dire, each passing moment,

my panicking heart, sealing the fate.

The cry for help is drowned by the echos,

of the noises, diffused in the surroundings, 

no one close by, providing a helping hand,

looking from afar, as mute spectators. 


So I descend, in silent despair, 

embracing the situation, the fallen curse,

when even reaching hands, drags me in,

blaming myself for some unforgiven sins.

So, I close my eyes and ears,

to the murmurs and the whispers, 

for, no amount of appeals or pleadings,

would change the condition...I am in. 


Yet, there's a voice, deep within,

a fading spark, a silent scream,

like a stubborn ember, it keeps burning, 

seeking salivation, to get redeemed. 

And it keeps the hope alive,

to find a hold, onto my life,

the hidden strength, will to fight,

a soul unbound, I would rise... 


Carving my escape.


No comments: