Sunday, September 15, 2024

Yearly health check-up

A yearly health check-up,

brings things into attention,

increasing numbers on scales,

awake me from the slumber. 


No wonder, clothes pinch tight,

waist jiggles in glaring light,

as I looked in a mirror,

panicked with a look of horror. 


" I need to change" made a vow,

new year resolve, seeds were sown,

did my research, created a plan,

to follow up, for the desired result. 


Sweat drips down, in morning jog,

ignored cravings of sweet tooth,

even fast foods or frequent snacks,

were replaced with water and fruits. 


Every known exercise were tried,

be it aerobics or strength training,

with measured steps, counting days,

worries were deep, as sleep evades. 


Then came the weigh-in, truth revealed, 

my heart pounded, with batted breath, 

the number reduction, a welcome relief,

it was a success, difficult to belief. 


So I raised a fork, a joyful cheer, 

celebrated success with my favorites,

no guilt in heart, it's pure liberation, 

of trying foods, without limitations. 


And days passed, I got busy,

in my work, or being lazy,

oblivious of the coming days,

the scare of having another... 


Yearly health check-up.


No comments: