Saturday, September 28, 2024

A mysterious dream

 A twilight,

surrounded by haze,

I walked amidst,

kine of cows.

In the soothing noise,

the sound of cowbells, 

showing the path ahead,

to my bewildered mind. 


I don't remember, 

how I had arrived,

just kept walking silently,

where the road took me.

Finally, I reach a place,

surrounded by many sages,

doing rituals, around the fire,

chanting mantras, from I could hear. 


One of them approached,

took the cows near the flame,

sprinkling some liquid on them,

checking their body for health.

I was intrigued by their gesture,

as they took these gentle creatures,

tied silk ropes, given some sweets,

sent away to nearby field for grazing. 


And the sage returns, to my side,

whispered some words, with a smile,

I tried to reply, but taken by surprise, 

as fog envelopes, obscuring my eyes.

Awakened by bright ray of sunlight,

I remembered, I am visiting a village,

and today was the special festival, 

so, I visited their local temple... 


Only to witness, animal sacrifice.


No comments: