Saturday, August 10, 2024

Elysian dream

In the land of dreams, I reside,

where sunbeam dance, over the meadows,

and white clouds gently passing by,

casting shadows under the blue sky. 


As the wind blows over my face,

I close my eyes, imbibing the moment,

and a gentle voice calls my name,

like a whisper, caressing my ears. 


I look back, towards the place 

a distant figure, waving her hand,

standing on the gates with a smile,

just a few yards, from my house. 


I answered, walking back to her,

paused for a moment, had a chore,

the given task, that I remembered, 

bringing water, from stream of river. 


I was having a get-together,

to have lunch with loved ones,

in the backdrop of green cover,

of tall deodar trees, in the jungle. 


We talked, we laughed,

played games on the porch,

when all went back, called her,

the owner of this sweet home. 


And we come closer, as we embrace,

beneath the canopy of moonlight grace,

I felt deep love, comfort to the soul,

as if a peaceful blanket wrap around us. 


The soothing sound from the surrounding,

was making me lose grasp of the realities,

as my hand wander, through the soft skin,

the room filled with sweet melodies. 


Things were too perfect, that I feared,

for, it would be over, I had to wake up,

like a mirage, I was enchanted inside,

to an elysian dream, from my desires. 


A promised land, away from crowd,

closer to nature, with deeper bonds,

in our imagination, wishes were bloomed...

Elysium waits for us, me and you.


No comments: