Sunday, August 25, 2024

Dryness in my throat

There's a dryness in my throat,

no amount of fluid, make it go,

so I seek the remedy, the relief,

that soothes, providing moisture. 


The world is a bright place,

for many, it's a water fountain,

then there are others, facing troubles,

walking barefoot, on the desserts. 


As the days passes, it becomes harder,

the heat is intense, weather get harsher, 

dehydrating body, parched I become,

hoping for the moment, quenching this thirst. 


Let the cloud gather, shower the rain,

been tired of searching, the flowing stream,

neither the muddy puddles nor vast ocean,

would provide solace, to my weary heart. 


For, this dryness of my throat,

I fear, getting accustomed to it,

long enough to lose any cravings,

be withered, of emotions and feelings.


No comments: