Saturday, May 4, 2024

Blame me

Blame me, 

for all the dreams that's broken,

promises that remain unspoken,

feelings that were stopped in between,

conversations that couldn't see it's ending. 


For, life had not been fair,

our priorities also took over,

we could've valued over everything,

yet sometimes, it's difficult to compromise. 


Blame me,

for looking at the reality,

being disillusioned of its reliability, 

taking actions, rejecting the pleas,

stop continuing a dysfunctional relationship. 


For, you were never ready,

chasing positions, desired to be free,

getting bored, never making your mind,

while expecting others to follow your lead. 


Blame me,

don't descend into negativity,

keep your thoughts on the leash,

you made a choice, show some spirit,

invest in following those ambitions and dreams. 


And I would be your well-wisher,

as you reach the epitome of success, 

may be then, you could realize,

to value connections, lost in the process.


No comments: