Sunday, June 9, 2024

I wouldn't have known

I wouldn't have known,

this heart's desire, my love,

yet, this ache, is an unending burn,

for, you are the one, that I yearn. 


You were always in my dreams,

with your charm, it's beautiful gleam,

like a mirage, in the haze,

you would appear, in my gaze. 


And I am aware, of your presence, 

brightening my world, with your luminescence, 

slowly and steadily, encroaching my thoughts, 

as you take permanent residence, in my heart. 


So, I longed, to hold you near,

whispering sweet words in your ears,

pulling your arms, sneaking a snuggle,

stealing a kiss, without any hurdle. 


Forgive me, for these fantasies, 

fulfilling cravings, in these lies,

for, you have been away too long,

not even aware of these love songs. 


So, I bring those memories back,

to reignite, and feel the warmth,

for, you were the soulmate, my destiny,

and I wanted to be with you...till eternity. 


No comments: