Sunday, July 14, 2024

Your boat or mine

I have built a boat, my dear,

for us to be together and near,

our bond would hold it stronger, 

against the strong tide, we fear. 


Everyday felt like a struggle,

while gathering materials, had troubles, 

but I persisted, doing my things,

to create a life, of our dreams. 


And the clock, kept on ticking,

each moment, elevated my craving,

eventually I started to feel the void,

of the opportunities, I keep missing. 


But, I had a plan to implement,

nothing less, would have been sufficient, 

and I ignored, avoided the calls,

that could have brought some comfort. 


Finally, I attained the primary goal,

of building a sturdy, desirable boat,

ready to explore, the uncharted with you,

with enough provisions, lasting forever. 


Now, I await you, my companion,

to be ready, join the adventure,

hoisting the sail, going into water, 

embarking with me, a journey of lifetime. 


But, little did I knew,

you too, have your own boat,

a product of your aspirations,

while waiting, for future partner. 


So, it's been a puzzling time,

will you choose your boat or mine,

my only wish, if we could combine,

one, that would let our heart entwine. 


No comments: