Monday, August 10, 2026

Colorblind

"I don't see it," I exclaimed,

as others compare answers,

teacher have brought a chart,

with many colorful dots,

they see me with pity,

brother, you are colorblind.


I was puzzled, it didn't register,

for, I could identify colors,

appreciating natural surroundings, 

playing with crayons in childhood,

devoted some time to painting,

and have chosen vibrant attires. 


Yet, there was a sense of unease,

when I recalled things clearly,

constantly reading tags and labels,

written on crayons, and apparels, 

I could never make distinctions,

taking help of parents or sibling.


"I don't see it," years have passed,

a repeat statement, for another cause,

as they expressed, and I watched,

extremes of elation or sadness,

in greetings, meetings & interactions, 

responding to events, or relations.


The same sense of unease,

I tried to rationalize feelings,

aware of my shortcomings,

of being logical, objective thinking,

does that mean I don't experience,

missing out of many hues!


"You have emotions," A voice whispered, 

"Even if, not reacting to situations, 

not expressing mix of magenta and purples,

doesn't make your world dull or colorless,

for, you see contrast, texture & structure,

better at recognizing the patterns"


Being colorblind, is not a bad thing!

 

No comments: